E-learning Event with Janet Stewart
Newspapers are closing down as advertising revenue shifts online. Air B&Bs are running hotels serious competition. And ride sharing has upended the taxi business. Is it any surprise then to think that the training industry could be ripe for digital disruption?
It’s no surprise to Janet Stewart, Canada’s leading expert in designing on-line learning. Janet anticipated it. She has kept ahead of the curve by reinventing her lines of business on a regular basis. Today she runs a business on the bleeding edge, offering her clients the most innovative training and learning practices available. And she’s so excited by the possibilities that she wants to share her expertise with others.
If you develop training, deliver training or have responsibility within your organization for training, you need to hear what Janet has to say. On October 13, she’ll share a vision of the future of learning during a one-of-a-kind workshop. Plus, she’ll introduce you to practical ways you can deliver engaging, effective training in the digital age.
On-stage or on-line, Janet brings the same energy and confidence she used to build her business and shift it sharply to meet new challenges well ahead of the curve. Her expertise as a trainer, plus her success in leading change in her company and the companies of her clients adds up to a potent experience for learners.
On October 13 you’ll gain an oversight of e-learning strategies and practices. By the end the day you’ll be well briefed on how to:
Know the benefits of a variety of digital learning options as well as when to use each of the following:
- Live webinars
- Recorded webinars
- E-learning courses (self directed)
- E-learning courses (facilitated)
- Blended learning solutions
- Immersive technologies
- Understand when you need a Learning Management System (LMS) and when you don’t
- Understand how to tell the difference between effective and ineffective e-learning courses
- Take away a solid picture of effective e-learning techniques
- Know the key steps to take to develop create a quality e-learning course
- Create a road map to get started on your first e-learning course
Plus Janet will provide an overview of the key steps including how to:
- Use rapid development tools such as Be exposed to rapid development tools like PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Screenflow, Camtasia and others
- Understand the importance of integrating visual assets into the training design such as video, animated videos (Videoscribe, Newman etc.) and graphics
- Identify how long your course will be and what key learning objectives it will contain
- Create a learner profile
- Create a “storyboard” to map out your course
- Know when and how to use “branching” techniques
- Use your inner creative tools to design stories and characters to “carry” your course
- Build quizzing and other elements of gamification into your course design.
Janet will also give you homework assignments that will allow you to test out many of the “big picture” strategies and practices she covers. Plus she’ll provide you with information about where to go to pursue further professional development.
If you’re connected to the world of training in any way, you can’t afford to miss this opportunity to spend time with Canada’s leading expert in e-training. Register today while seats are still available.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 10